What is a blog?
The word blog means that an online post or journal that is regularly updated. A blog can be a place to express your inner thoughts, release stress, and let the world know about your passions.
Let us now consider how to write and create an impressive blog post:
Choosing a Blogging Platform
The first and foremost step towards creating a blog is choosing an appropriate platform. You can choose from a variety of platforms like WordPress and Tumblr. While you may feel that Tumblr is a better option, WordPress remains the most famous choice amongst users.
The reason for this is that WordPress is used by almost 72 million users worldwide. In addition to this, there is a myriad of other reasons that contribute to WordPress’s popularity:
- It is free to use for everyone. You can use all features on that platform without any additional or hidden charges.
- WordPress regularly updates their software and security protocols; hence, it is a secure and safe platform for your blog.
- WordPress can be customized; for this, it has a variety of themes and plugins, which you can use to improve the performance of your blog.
However, you should keep in mind that you should not create your blog on a free platform. The reasons for this can be categorized as follows:
- You do not have the authority to control your content. The website can shut down your blog without any prior notice or any valid reason.
- The web address will be too long and difficult for anyone to remember.
- Bloggers cannot advertise or promote anyone or anything on their blogs.
Set up your own domain name
The trick to choosing a good and unique domain name is that it is easy to remember for everyone, especially users. Apart from this, it needs to be trustworthy and should be descriptive of your blog’s content somehow.
Furthermore, when choosing a domain name, it is important that you avoid choosing absurd extensions like “.biz.” Such extensions are not only hard to remember but may be a bit fraudulent as well.
Choose an appropriate blog hosting plan
For new bloggers, we recommend the “Hatchling” plan. Users can upgrade to the premium package or a better option later on.
Completing your registration
This is the last step when creating a blog. Once you have decided on a domain name, you have to complete your registration. To do so, you have to give your contact information and billing information.
Follow this by installing WordPress and launching your blog.
In the end, we hope the article was helpful in understanding . Please be sure to make an educated decision when you choose a platform for blogging and the domain name. But even if you do not want to start a blog even if you don’t, we hope the article was a fun read.