CompuLab has introduced a diminutive Intel Atom-based PC that weighs just 13 ounces.
The Fit-PC2i features dual Gbit Ethernet ports, a 2GHz CPU, up to 2GB RAM and an internal SATA HDD. ??
The device also offers digital audio, dual LAN, WLAN and support for resolutions up to 1920×1200.
In addition, the Fit-PC2i is capable of running a number of operating systems, including Windows 7/XP/Server and Ubuntu Linux.
“The Fit-PC2i is the smallest, most power efficient PC available on the market,” claimed CompuLab spokesperson Irad Stavi.
??”Fit-PC2 was a breakthrough in green computing. Now fit-PC2i enables corporate IT unprecedented energy savings where it matters most – in servers and network computers that have to work 24/7.”
Additional specs include:
- CPU – Intel Atom Z5xx 1.1 GHz to 2 GHz.
- Chipset – Intel US15W SCH.
- Memory – 1 GB DDR2-533 on-board (optional 2 GB).
- Storage – Internal bay for 2.5? SATA HDD, miniSD socket, on-board 4 GB Flash (optional).
- Display & Graphics – Intel GMA500, DVI Digital output.?
- Audio – Line-out, line-in, mic, 5.1 Channels S/PDIF.
- Networking: 2x 1000 BaseT Ethernet, 802.11b/g WLAN.
- USB – 4 USB 2.0 High Speed ports.
- Serial – RS232 full UART.
- Case – Aluminum die-cast body.
- Dimensions: 101 x 115 x 27mm / 4? x 4.5? x 1.05.”
- Weight – 370 grams / 13 ounces – including hard disk.
- Operating Temperature – 0– 45 deg C with hard disk, 0 – 70 deg C with SSD
- Power – 12V single supply, 8-15V tolerant.
- Power Consumption: 6W at low CPU load, 8W at full CPU load, <_1W at="at" li="li" standby.="standby.">
The Fit-PC2i will be available in January, 2010. ??