Apple has refreshed its already sleek and sexy MacBook Air lineup with next-gen Intel processors, Thunderbolt I/O, a backlit keyboard and Mac OS X Lion.
The uber-thin MacBook features a durable aluminum unibody enclosure that measures an incredibly thin 0.11-inches at its thinnest point and 0.68-inches at its thickest.
The new Air is currently available in 11-inch and 13-inch iterations, with the former weighing in at 2.38 pounds and offering up to 5 hours of battery life. The latter weighs slightly more at 2.96 pounds, but boasts up to 7 hours of battery life.
Additional specs include:
- Intel Core i5/i7 processors; 1.6 GHz dual-core – 1.8. GHz dual-core.
- Intel HD Graphics 3000.
- Up to 4GB of 1333 MHz memory.
- High-res LED backlit display.
- Mac OS X Lion.
- Ambient lighting senors, adjusts keyboard and display brightness.
- Multi-Touch trackpad.
- Instant on with all-flash storage.
- High-res display, FaceTime camera.
- Full stereo sound, headphone port, microphone.
- 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Two USB 2.0 ports.
- SD card slot (13-inch model).
The 1.6 GHz 11-inch MacBook Air is available in two models, one with 2GB of memory and 64GB of flash storage for $1,000. The 4GB model includes 128GB of flash storage for $1,200.
The 1.7 GHz 13-inch MacBook Air comes in two configurations, one with 128GB of flash storage and 4GB of memory for $1,300. The 256 GB flash storage version is also loaded with 4GB of memory and has a $1,600 price tag.