Acer has released its new Aspire Predator AG5900-U3092 gaming rig into the wild. The scalable $1,350 system – which targets mainstream core gamers – features Intel Core i7 quad-core processors, 1.5TB hard drives, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM and Windows 7 Home Premium.
The rig also boasts ATI Radeon HD 5850 graphics with 1GB of discrete video memory, ATI Eyefinity Technology, full DX 11 support and high-def 5.1-channel audio.
“Not everyone needs the most extreme gaming rig, so we designed the AG5900, a more mainstream alternative to our premium AG7750,” explained Acer spokesperson Steve Smith.
“[So], the AG5900 [offers] excellent core features, such as a high-speed processor, excellent graphics and tons of memory to hobble the competition at an affordable price.”
Additional specs include:
- 12 total USB ports (four on top, eight in back).
- Headphone and microphone jacks.
- HDMI port.
- Two DVI ports.
- Ethernet port.
- Storage tray for charging smartphones.
- Four HDD bays.
- Multi-in-one card reader.
- Combo/DVD super-multi optical drive.
- 5.25-inch optical drive bays.
- Three open 3.5-inch HDD bays.
- Two open PCI Express x1 slots and a standard PCI.