The advancement in technology has left us all amazed with its superficial inventions. We should really salute those brains behind such unique developments which not only makes our lives easier but also helps us in umpteen ways. There are millions of people who take the advantage of technology to execute their personal or professional endeavors. We have grown vast in the past few decades and we tend to grow more in the coming years; the contribution of the scientists are appreciable for all these growths in the digital sector. But is it all really worth it or we are heading towards a more intense and unforeseen hazard in tears to come? That remains a pretty much debatable topic in almost every corner of the world.
Some of the issues are discussed below. Read on….
To be precise, the advantages in the growth of technology are many as compared to the disadvantages. It is the mentality of people that makes it harmful otherwise we have got immense benefits out of it. We continue to get handsome amounts of assistance from it. Let us throw some light on the pros and cons of the boost in technology.
- We get to connect with people from all over the world without being physically present there; like through social media platforms or through mobile phone calls.
- We can see people through video calls technique and be connected to our dear ones when we miss them.
- Our official work is simplified with the help of advanced software services.
- Our banking and finance is made easy with transactions that can be completed through mobile apps.
- We can do shopping online, book cabs or plan any trip, through the online apps on our compatible devices.
- We are introduced to cryptocurrencies through this advancement where we can see virtual money to pay at certain merchants. It is a big hit amongst the giant marketers.
- People in rural areas are mostly benefited as they don’t have all the measures which can lead them to a proper education. So they take the help of the internet services to gain knowledge in certain niches.
There are many more such advantages that we can get through the effective use of technology.
Now coming to the disadvantages:
- People exploit the use of social media to harm the reputation of other people or companies.
- Any data on the server is not secured; the hackers can still steal data at large if they want. So security is a bigger threat to the world when we use the technological endeavor.
- The cases of online frauds and scams are reported largely in the cyber crime departments that can even cause personal injuries to people falling prey to them. In Tacoma, such cases are handled by the along with the cyber-crime department to nab the culprits and thereby providing justice to the victims.
- Above all, the increase in technological means is making people lazy and more prone to health hazards due to a lethargic lifestyle.
When the world is heading towards betterment in terms of anything, we all have the common responsibility to welcome it with open arms. We must not stick to certain habits just because it’s a tradition and our older generation used to follow it. The benefits from anything which is new to us must always be reconsidered before we tend to give our opinions on them; as we know there is always “two sides of a coin” and thus, being the common people we have the right to differentiate between what’s wrong and what’s right for us. We must learn to take the advantages out of this technological growth and also learn to refrain from misusing it or avoid its over exploitation. We must understand that limitless approach to anything is harmful to a greater extent.
About Writer :
Shruti Gupta is a writer, digital marketer and outreaching expert. She writes about technology, startups & other niches. She has contributed to a number of famous websites like Thenextweb, Deccanchronicle and Crazyegg. Stay tuned with her at:@shruti_gupta01 or via Skype : shrutigupta2811