Severe acne can happen due to several reasons, one of those can be genetic. Out of the types of acne, cystic acne can be the most irritating. Cystic acne causes painful underground pimples that often leaves facing scars.
How Acne Occurs?
Acne occurs when skin pores are clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Teenagers often experience an excess of sebum production that allows the oil to settle in the skin clogging the pores and causing acne.
The most painful ones like the cystic acne often happens underneath the skin cells forming a cyst that are difficult to pop up and can cause immense pain. Cystic acne are the most painful because they are inflammatory and often turn red and irritated.
The below image describes the formation of an acne.
Acne can be caused by any one of the following reasons:
- Eating lots of oily and processed foods because that can produce a lot of heat in the body leading to excess sebum production.
- Hereditary factors like if any one or both of your parents are suffering from or have suffered from the problem of acne then you are more likely to have acne.
- Lack of sleep and taking a lot of stress can contribute towards acne growth.
- Applying cosmetics or hair products containing chemicals that leads to an acne outbreak.
Treating Acne With Tea Tree Oil
Often dermatologists will recommend you to use products having tea tree oil because it a magic ingredient whose natural antiseptic properties and anti inflammatory properties can help to get rid of acne naturally.
- Tea tree oil is composed of hundreds of compounds that are known to have healing properties.
- Tea tree has antimicrobial properties which is a natural treatment for acne.
- Applying tea tree oil based products are helpful in treating both inflamed and non-inflamed acne.
- Tea tree oil does not cause rashes, broken or peeling of the skin as in the case of benzoyl peroxide.
- Tea tree oil can be easily purchased from any ayurvedic or natural food store.
- Research suggests that tea tree oil is also extremely effective for getting rid of scars left by acne breakouts.
Getting rid of severe acne like the cystic acne is difficult and you should have patience while trying out the different treatments available for it. Applying tea tree oil is perhaps the best option to treat severe acne because it also helps in reducing scars.