A good repair person always re-checks the work he might have done to ensure that nothing remains pending post the repair work done. When repair work is done, even if it involves just changing a single part, it often involves removing and connecting back the hoses from the tap/ plumbing, laying or moving the washer parts and moving multiple parts here and there. And all these things if not rechecked, cause newer faults.
The things to check while connecting the washing machine post repairs include-
- To make sure that there is zero leakage on account of plumbing. When fill or drain hose is disconnected and connected back, it is important to check for the seepages. The repair person needs to fill and empty the machine a couple of times for testing, in order to ensure zero leakages. If required, check after a few hours as the fill hose which connects to the tap or washer and the drain hose which connects to the outlet might start off slow!
- If the drain hose is joined to the sink, the repair person while doing the washer repair needs to make sure that the drain run is angled in a way that the water, let out through the drain hose does not return back. He also needs to make sure that the water falling from the sink does not enter the hose, thus running into the washer. To make sure that the water never enters the washer, the repair person needs to ensure that the drain hose is fitted at a height of at least 3 to 4 inches from the u-shape of the sink. If need be, he may use cable ties, to keep the drain hose in place. Also once the position is corrected, the repair person needs to make sure that no leaks happen either from the u-bend connector or the drain hose.
- If the drain hose is pushed into the stand pipe, the repair person needs to make sure that there is no spillage of water even when the machine is pumping the water out. The repair person needs to ensure that the drain hose is standing straight & not tilted over at an angle.
- To make sure that there are no bends and knots in the fill hose. When the repair person pushes the machine back in its place, the drain and the fill hoses become invisible from the frontal view. Drain hoses usually don’t kink or form a bend, unless it is subjected to some strong force. However, a fill hose might kink, due to it softening up when hot water is passed into it. Here the repair person must check the flow of the water from the soap dispenser into the tub, for the regular wash program. Also, he needs to make sure that he does not tighten the fill hoses excessively.
- To do a final check once the machine is placed back in its place. The repair person must allow the machine to run its regular routine along with all the functions, so as to ensure that it is functioning properly and no leakages or spillages are seen. Also, this gives one an idea about how the repair work is carried out.
The following is the routine the repair person needs to follow after connecting the washing machine post repairs. Can we hope that the next time you do the repairing; the following procedure would be followed?