As you may have heard “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend” – it does not matter what the situation is, a diamond is always cherished by your loved one. Couples, all over the world, exchange breathtaking diamond rings as a token of their love. This shows diamonds are not restricted to an engagement or a wedding anymore. It is a perfect anniversary gift to tell the special someone how much you love and cherish them.
A diamond anniversary ring is a perfect gift for a 1st anniversary or a 25th anniversary. Make a trip to the jewellery store and get your partner a ring they will love. Diamond anniversary rings are also available in many online stores – all you need to know is how to choose the right diamond and what your budget is.
Traditions that are linked to anniversary rings
Anniversaries are celebrated as per family traditions, and some landmark ones such as a 25th wedding anniversary will be celebrated with a lot of pomp and show. However, popular culture links certain objects to an anniversary, for example, an ideal gift for the first anniversary is something made of paper, while for the 25th anniversary is something made of silver. Most modern cultures demand the exchange of rings, but, more commonly, it is the women who receive rings as anniversary gifts.
Why choose a solitaire diamond ring?
A lone diamond clasped on a gold, silver or platinum band is a thing of beauty no woman can resist. It tells her you hold her in high esteem and the price of a ring is no match for your feelings. However, whatever you do, don’t go overboard in spending. The size, cut and clarity of the solitaire will impress your spouse, but choose one within your budget. You can also choose one surrounded by other gemstones.
There is a variety to choose from
From modern diamond rings to vintage pieces, there are so many varieties of diamond rings available. Popular brands have a section dedicated to anniversary rings. The choice can be a difficult one, especially seeing the number of designs and varieties.
The trick is to follow the below steps:
- As mentioned above, ascertain your budget and stick to it. Going beyond the budget may bring a smile now, but can lead to financial problems later.
- Get acquainted with carats, colour, cuts, etc. These are important as you need to know the quality of the diamond in which you are investing hard-earned money.
- Visit a reputed online store or choose to buy from a brand. There are numerous brands to choose from, but know the reputation by reading reviews. You do not want to lose a diamond all because it was not fitted properly.
- Always ask for certification. Don’t buy any jewellery without a certification. It adds to the authenticity of the ring.
- Get someone to help if you are not sure of what to buy. No need to be confused and worried. A family member or a friend is the right person to help you decide. The idea is for your spouse to love it.