Stuff on TV sure is tempting to watch simply because it is enginnering to make you believe that often the toughest things are the easiest to actually pull off. Now where exactly am I going with this you may ask? Well, if everything portrayed on everyone’s favourite idiot box were actually true regarding vehicles on the whole, then maintaining your vehicle would be the easiest thing ever. There is truly no dearth of options regarding what one can do with a car. Whether it’s or even the case of racing, the choices are unlimited. However if you want your car to last for a substantial period of time, there are a few facts that you will need to keep in mind :-
- Oil: As much as possible, change and check the oil every now and then. Belive me on this – nothing will destroy and damage your engine faster than sheer neglect as far as oil levels are concerned.
- The Cooling System: You will need to change your coolant once a year at the very least. A proper 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled water should certainly do the trick plus keep your general cooling system in check and good shape to boot.
- Cleanliness: While obviously washing the outside of your car is a given, one must not forget the dark literal underbelly of the car. You can never really know how much grime is stuck down there until you take a proper look. Don’t let it be too late.
- Grease: This aspect of your car is absolutely essential. All the moving parts need grease to survive and do a good job. It is as simple as that. Don’t make the mistake of neglecting proper lubrication as that would very well mean the difference between life and death as far as your car is concerned.
- Wax: Although this might sound like an oddity and quite the unnecessary point to manek, rest assured that it is just as important as anything else. Want to keep your paint looking good and protected? This is your answer right here. Nothing does the job better than a coat of quality wax preferably every 6 months.
- The Interior Plastic: Always remember to park your vehicle in the shade as much as possible. A window deflector screen certainly does help in such matters.
- Wheel Bearings: You will have to clean, inspect and repack with the proper grease. This again, depends on specific service intervals so you will have to keep an eye on that.
Finally you might just want to keep in mind that there is no secret as such regarding getting your car to last for a long period of time. What ultimately makes the most difference in the end is maintenance on every aspect of your car. Sure, you might have the best oil out there, but it’s surely not going to do your engine any good if you never end up changing it. If you intend to keep your car in overall good shape for as long as possible, you will certainly need to follow the 9 tips for sure. No two ways around that.