Ultrasone is touting a $2,750 pair of gilded headphones that features Zebrano wood ear cup inlays, Ethiopian sheepskin leather ear cup pads, Titanium plated drivers and Kevlar coated cables.
The Edition 10 also incorporates silver-plated OFC 99.99% pure copper wires and utilizes Kevlar as the casing, which helps the headphones achieve increased current flow, improved flexibility and reduced weight.
“Edition 10 headphones employ S-Logic Plus technology, resulting in an impartial acoustic feeling that affords the listener the utmost spacious tonal perception,” a company rep told TG Daily in an e-mailed statement.
“This gives users the advantage of wearing Ultrasone headphones for many hours without their ears hurting.”
Additional specs include:
- Open-back deluxe headphones with reduced emissions, using the ULE standard (Ultra Low Emission) and S-Logic Plus technology.
- Frequency range: 5 – 45000 Hz.
- Impedance 32 Ohm.
- Sound pressure level 99 dB.
- MU Metal bufferboard.
- 40 mm titanium-plated driver.
- Magnet NdFeB.
- Weight 282g (excl. cord).
- Cord length: 3m.
- Aramid fiber enhanced.
- Silver plated high-flex cable.
- (OFC 99.99 % pure copper).
- 6.3 mm gold plated plug.
- Hand crafted Zebrano wood headphone stand.
- Wooden storage box.
Sounds awesome, yeah. But is it worth $2,750?!?!?