AMD has expanded its ATI FirePro lineup with the introduction of five new graphics cards: the V7800, V5800, V4800, V3800 and 2460 (Multi-View).
According to AMD spokesperson Janet Matsuda, the latest wave of high-end cards are targeted at the digital content creation (DCC) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) markets.
“AMD’s new ATI FirePro workstation graphics cards are the world’s first to support up to four monitors on a single card – enabling increased productivity for professional graphics users,” said Matsuda.
“The cards have been tested in real-world scenarios to help ensure compatibility and stability for certification with many leading software applications. Each card supports Microsoft DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.0 and OpenCL along with ATI Eyefinity technology.”
Additional specs include:
- ATI FirePro V7800 – With 2GB of GDDR5 memory, the ATI FirePro V7800 boasts parallel architecture capable of processing computationally and visually demanding applications, without negatively impacting performance – on up to three independent 30″ displays.
- FirePro V5800 – Offers 1 GB of GDDR5 memory and supports up to three independent displays via ATI Eyefinity technology.
- FirePro V4800 – Delivers 1.25X the performance capability compared to the previous generation, with improved results for entry-level CAD users.
- FirePro V3800 – Supports up to 1GB of GDDR5 memory, along with a 30-bit display pipeline for accurate color reproduction.
- FirePro 2460 Multi-View – A quad-display graphics platform designed for financial traders that significantly reduces power and cooling costs.