Belkin, the manufacturer of computer connectivity solutions, today introduced its new Hi-Speed Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0 4-Port Drive Bay Hub (F5U261 – ESP $39.95). Perfect for consumers wishing to share large documents, MP3 audio files, and digital photos, archive files, or copy CD/DVDs with connected computers, the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 4-Port Drive Bay Hub is set to start shipping in North America on September 9, 2002.
The Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 4-Port Drive Bay Hub brings the convenience of four, easily accessible USB 2.0 ports to the front of the user’s computer. It allows users to connect their real-time devices, including video cameras and scanners, without having to reach behind their computer to find a free USB 2.0 port.
The Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 4-Port Drive Bay Hub supports the ultrafast speeds of the new Hi-Speed USB 2.0 specification, enabling the top performance users need for today’s newest, fastest accessories. It also offers seamless compatibility with all previous-version USB 1.1 devices so users can use all of their equipment and upgrade when they are ready.
- Over-current port protection prevents damage to the user’s computer at each port
- Easy-to-read master and individual port-status LEDs
- Transfer rates up to 40 times faster than USB 1.1
- Easy Plug-and-Play installation
- No adapters or power supply required – operates off the power of the computer
- Sized to fit into a 3.5″ drive bay
- System requirements: Windows 98 SE, Me, 2000, and XP