Most successful businesses delve into online content creation to engage with their customers. With digital marketing taking over the traditional methods of marketing in the last decade, companies are persistent about maintaining their own website. Therefore, reliable web hosting services are as much important as interesting content creation for the success of your business. Web hosts are companies that provide services to post your website or blog on the internet. In simple words, the content of your website is stored in several remote computers called servers. When the visitors type the URL of your website or click on hyperlinks, the data is fetched from these servers.
Features Of A Web Hosting Service
Since there are numerous web hosting services available in the market, you should be aware of their features to make the right choice. Here are few features of web hosting services:
- Web Builder and Templates
- Easy Installs
- Multiple Domain Hosting
Nearly half of the websites are built on . If you are keen to start your blog and don’t want to invest in hiring a web developer, you should go with web hosts that provide easy WordPress installs. Further, many web hosts these days provide easy one-click installation of any of your choice. If you are passionate about writing on various topics and keen to develop niche blogs for each of your areas of interest, it would be wise on your part to go with multiple domain hosting service provider. Some web hosts also provide various customizable templates that can be helpful in website building. For example, the website builder Wix provides customizable themes, hosting and several free extensions. You can refer to to get a list of top web hosting companies that suits your budget and need.
What Happens When You Make The Wrong Hosting Choice?
Here are a few consequences of your rash decision in choosing a web host.
- Loss Of Revenue Due To Downtime: If the downtime of your website is longer, you are likely to lose potential customers. Digital marketing has changed the equations in the commercial world. Hence, your website needs to be robust. In 2015, Amazon reported revenue of $107 billion which translates to around $200k per minute. So, when a technical glitch left Amazon inaccessible for about 13 minutes in 2016, just imagine the losses incurred.
- Cyber Attacks: shocked the world and caused a huge amount of monetary and data losses to hundreds of companies in 2017. The hackers attacked government websites despite their several layers of security. Therefore, you should consider the data backup services provided by your web host before settling with one. You should be chary while choosing offshore hosting services because the privacy and cyber laws vary with countries.
- Prodigal Use Of Resources: Some hosts provide unlimited storage space while some companies offer space of some gigabytes which may be adequate for your website. Therefore, it would be wise on your part to have an idea of the size of your website.
- SEO Ranking: Ranking higher in the Google search index is crucial to the success of your content marketing business. If your site is down intermittently, your web traffic and hence, the rank decreases. With increased smartphone users, slow website can hurt your SEO ranks.
In order to get the best out of your web hosting service, you should be fully aware of your needs. Some parameters to consider before zeroing in on a web host are cliché to any online shopping like 24x7 customer support, testimonials of some customers and technical support. You should have the scalability of your business and hence, the traffic growth in your mind while choosing a web host. Some web hosts offer flexibility in upgrading to various service packs later. So, it’s better to do your homework in selecting the right host than having nightmares due to financial losses.