United Nations' WED 2010 promises activities around the globe. Fish drink crude oil aperitifs at party.
Saturday June 5, 2010 is supposed to be a worldwide celebration of positive action for the environment. That's nice. You can do all kinds of things to make it a special day. Stay in bed an extra hour and think of a name for a gorilla. Gus doesn't count and neither does Magilla or Kong or Fuzzy.
Other things that you can do on this day to show your support:
- Save water by not shaving, bathing, or flushing, or all of the above.
- Plant a tree. It doesn't have to be a great tree like an oak or an elm. It could be a sucky tree like a fir or a creepy one like the red maple.
- If the bagger at the grocery store says, "Paper or plastic?" Slap them hard and call them an insensitive bastard.
- Don't eat anything that might go extinct if you do.
- Don't tell your friends you are celebrating WED 2010 because they will think you are total tree hugger and a hippie and an environmental extremist.
- If you are at work, encourage recycling. Repurpose your boss as something useful like a bathroom attendant at a Metallica concert.
- Hug that cute girl with a nose ring who works at Peets. She loves the environment and you love her.
And don't forget to write up your day's experiences in your hemp journal.