Pearltrees Asimov goes live
Pearltrees can best be described as a visual and collaborative library that allows users to easily curate and keep track of their favorite subjects.
Today, the PearlTrees introduced a major upgrade to the platform dubbed Asimov.
"Essentially, Asimov is the foundation for Pearltrees’ transformation into a universal file manager for our post PC world," PearlTrees rep Oliver Starr told TG Daily.
"This major redesign creates a universal experience across every platform - today on the Web, iPhone and iPad - very soon on Android and ultimately glasses, watches, tabletops, really anything you can imagine."
According to Starr, the Asimov release is highlighted by a number of new features including:
* Universal interface with adaptive functions.
* A self-guided experience – features appear only when useful.
* An in-app browser to search and collect directly from within the app.
* An infinite canvas to promote each contributor’s creativity.
* A dock to more easily manipulate what’s been collected.
* Archiving and editing collected pages.
Pearltrees first launched as a Beta platform in December 2009 achieving a 1.0 release in November 2012. Currently, Pearltrees boasts more than a million of contributors, over 2 million monthly active users and more than 50 million pearls.