Acer rolls out Timeline M5 Ultrabook lineup
Acer has debuted its Aspire Timeline M5 lineup of Ultrabooks, which weigh in at 4.3 pounds and measure .81 inches thin.
Depending on configuration, the Timeline Ultra Series features third-gen Intel Core i3 or Core i5 processors, Nvidia discrete graphics and 14-inch LCDs or 15.6-inch edge-to-edge displays.
All models include a 2-spindle design (DVD drive and hard drive). A 500GB hard disk drive offers plenty of space for large files, while a 20GB integrated solid state drive enables instant-on capability.
Most impressive, perhaps, is the relatively long battery life of the Timeline family, which clocks in at up to 8 hours on single charge. The PowerSmart long-life battery pack also maintains 80 percent capacity after the 1,000 cycle count (up to 300 cycles).
The Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M5 Series of Ultrabooks will launch across the US at the end of June. Prices start at $679.99 and scale up to $829.99.
Additional specs include:
- Second-gen (Sandy Bridge) Intel processor clocked at 1.5GHz, third-gen Ivy Bridge chip clocked up to 2.6GHz.
- Full-size backlit, chiclet keyboard with an independent standard numeric keypad.
- Instant on - resume from sleep in less than two seconds.
- Two USB 3.0 ports.
- Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE discrete graphics.
- Dolby Home Theater v4 and speakers.
- Integrated optical drive.
- HDMI out.