Samsung is showcasing its next-gen, 7-inch Galaxy Tab at IFA 2011 in Berlin.
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 - which is powered by a 1.4GHz dual core processor - measures just 7.89 millimeters thin and weighs only 335 grams (12 ounces).
The tablet boasts a Super AMOLED Plus display (1280 x 800), runs Android 3.2 (Honeycomb), supports MicroSD cards of up to 32 GB and includes a 5,100 mAh battery that provides up to 10 hours of video playback time.
In addition, Android 3.2 has been optimized for the 7-inch tablet with a new compatibility zoom mode. This optimizes applications that are not designed to run on larger screen sizes, so they neatly fit on the entire screen without distortion.
Other key specs include:
- Samsung Hub support - Offers easy access to to content including games, eBooks, music and more (depending on market).
- Universal remote control functionality - Control multiple electronic home entertainment systems from one device.
- Google Mobile Services - Access more than 250,000 applications on Android Market, Gmail, Search, Maps and Google Talk.
- Supports voice and video calls.
- Dual 3MP and 2MP cameras.
- TouchWiz UX.
- 16GB-64GB of internal storage.
- MicroSD card slot.
- HSPA+ radio.