Nvidia has launched a free app that provides quick access to Android games specifically optimized for the Tegra 2 mobile processor. As expected, the app also offers game reviews, high-res screenshots, HD trailers, videos and behind-the-scenes featurettes.
However, it should be noted that actual sale and delivery of Tegra Zone games are completed using Google's Android Market.
"Games on Tegra Zone apps are especially enhanced for Tegra 2 super chip-powered devices, and are more realistic and interactive," an Nvidia rep told TG Daily in an e-mailed statement.
"Among those selected as launch titles are Dungeon Defenders: First Wave Deluxe HD, the first game available for Android that's built on Unreal Engine 3; Samurai II: Vengeance; and Galaxy on Fire 2 THD."
Additional titles include:
- Samurai II: Vengeance - MADFINGER.
- Dungeon Defenders: First Wave Deluxe HD - Trendy Entertainment.
- Galaxy on Fire 2 - Fishlabs.
- Backbreaker - Natural Motion.
- Fruit Ninja - Halfbrick Studios.
- Vendetta Online - Guild Software.
- Monster Madness - SouthPeak Games.
- Hardwood Solitaire IV - Silver Creek Entertainment.