LG details Optimus 2X smartphone specs
LG's Optimus 2X is the world's first smartphone to boast a dual-core processor.
The powerful Tegra 2 chip - designed by Nvidia - is expected to facilitate faster, smoother web browsing, high-quality gaming and true multitasking without annoying lag or drag.
"Dual-core is the next leap forward in [the] mobile [sphere], so this is no small achievement to be the first to offer a smartphone utilizing this technology," explained LG Mobile president Dr. Jong-seok Park.
"With unique features such as HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) mirroring and exceptional graphics performance, the LG Optimus 2X is proof of LG's commitment to high-end smartphones in 2011."
Indeed, the dual-core Tegra SoC runs at a blazing 1GHz, while offering low power consumption and high performance for rendering video content or playing audio files.
Additional specs include:
- 4-inch WVGA screen.
- Instantaneous touch response.
- 1080p HD video playback and recording.
- Accelerometer and gyro sensor.
- 8GB memory (up to 32GB via microSD).
- 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera.
- Micro-USB port.
- 1500mAh battery.
- Android Froyo (2.2), upgradeable to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). HDMI mirroring, expands content on external displays to full HD quality.
- Wirelessly connects to any DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compatible digital device.
The LG Optimus 2X will be available in Korea next month with countries in Europe and Asia to follow.