Hackers liberate Apple iPhone 4 from AT&T
Dev Team hackers have released a long-awaited unlock for Apple's iPhone that allows the device to be used with carriers other than AT&T.
Known as "ultrasn0w," the latest iteration of the patch is compatible with iPhone4 baseband 01.59, 3G/3GS basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04.
However, as Peter Brown of DaniWeb notes, "alternative" carrier T-Mobile uses non-standard 3G frequencies and is thus only capable of achieving 2G/Edge speeds on the iPhone.
Still, if you like the iPhone 4 and hate AT&T, you might want to give ultrasn0w a try.
- Jailbreak your iPhone with JailbreakMe.com.
- Open the new Cydia repo and install all updates.
- Click "search" to locate "ultrasn0w" (http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com).
- Click install and then confirm.
- Reboot iPhone by holding the power button down until the "slide to power off" message appears.
- Turn phone off and then back on.
Disclaimer: Remember, this guide is for educational and informational purposes only. Use it at your own risk. TG Daily cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong.