Cisco debuts Android-powered business tablet
Cisco is targeting the lucrative corporate sector with the introduction of an Android-powered business tablet.
The ultra-portable Cius - which weighs in at just 1.15lbs - supports telepresence interoperability, HD video, multi-party conferencing, email, messaging, browsing and seamless access to the Cloud.
The Cius is also expected to offer a host of new options for corporate users, while allowing businesses to "tap into" the growing Android market.
"Through virtual desktop integration, the Cius [provides] flexible computing options with Cloud-based services that [offer] a compelling alternative to today's PC-on-every-desktop paradigm," Cisco explained in an official statement.
Additional specs include:
- Front-mounted 720p HD camera with a 30 frame per second refresh rate.
- 5-megapixel rear facing camera that streams VGA quality video and capturing still images.
- Dual noise-canceling microphones for audio conferencing.
- Seven inch, high-resolution widescreen super VGA touch-target display.
- Single-button TelePresence interoperability that can be utilized either when the tablet is docked, or remotely via Wi-Fi.
- On-board accelerometer.
- 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and 4G.
- Detachable and serviceable 8-hour battery.
Customer trials of the Cius are slated to being during the first quarter of 2010, with general availability set for Q1 2011.