Eken has debuted an Android-based tablet that is powered by a 600 MHz Rockchip 2808A processor, 128MB of RAM and a 8-inch TFT touch-screen (800 x 480).
The $240 M003 tablet also boasts an integrated audio system, an SD card slot for up to 32GB of storage, WiFi and a webcam.
"Given the apparent success of the Apple iPad, its easy to understand why we are seeing so many other tablet style devices being talked about. And in terms of those devices, Android seems to be a popular operating system," wrote Robert Nelson of TFTS.
"So here we have a relatively inexpensive Android offering, except for the fact that its a generic looking device. Whether or not that happens to be a bargain is going to be left up to you...In the end, this could make a nice device for around the house. If nothing else, just set it aside from some light web browsing, email and possibly ebook reading."
Additional specs (via ChinaGrabber) include:
- OS - Google Android 1.5.
- Touch screen with icon or menu drag features and auto rotation.
- Broadband Internet access, 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi.
- Google chrome lite browser.
- Email, Word, Exel, PPT, PDF.
- Supports Fring, SkypeOut, QQ, MSN, Gtalk.
- Wallpaper auto change.
- Games and desktop gadget.
- Storage - NAND flash 2GB or 4GB.
- RAM - 128MB 800Mhz DDR.
- Integrated microphone.
- Audio in/out.
- Color - Black, white, or pink.