Verzion has introduced the Samsung Omnia II smartphone. The second-generation device is powered by Windows Mobile 6.5 and features a 3.7-inch touch screen.
The Omnia II also offers a virtual QWERTY keyboard, Microsoft Office Mobile and full HTML Web browsing capabilities with an enhanced version of Opera 9.5.
In addition, the Omnia II is loaded with Swype technology, which allows customers to quickly input text with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard.?
Other specs include:
- TouchWiz - Easy access to social networking applications, including YouTube, Facebook and MySpace.
- Full messaging suite - SMS, MMS, Mobile IM, Mobile Email and Corporate Email.
- 5.0 megapixel camera with flash and auto-focus.
- Wi-Fi technology (802.11 b/g).
- Support for Divx and Xvid movie files.
- 8 GB internal memory and expandable memory of up to 16 GB with microSD memory card.
- Various Bluetooth profiles, such as headset (mono and stereo), hands-free (car kits), object push for vCard, basic imaging, phonebook access profiles.
The Samsung Omnia II will be available on December 2 for $200 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.