CompuLab showcases 13 ounce mini-PC
CompuLab has introduced a diminutive Intel Atom-based PC that weighs just 13 ounces.
The Fit-PC2i features dual Gbit Ethernet ports, a 2GHz CPU, up to 2GB RAM and an internal SATA HDD. ??
The device also offers digital audio, dual LAN, WLAN and support for resolutions up to 1920x1200.
In addition, the Fit-PC2i is capable of running a number of operating systems, including Windows 7/XP/Server and Ubuntu Linux.
"The Fit-PC2i is the smallest, most power efficient PC available on the market," claimed CompuLab spokesperson Irad Stavi.
??"Fit-PC2 was a breakthrough in green computing. Now fit-PC2i enables corporate IT unprecedented energy savings where it matters most – in servers and network computers that have to work 24/7."
Additional specs include:
- CPU - Intel Atom Z5xx 1.1 GHz to 2 GHz.
- Chipset - Intel US15W SCH.
- Memory - 1 GB DDR2-533 on-board (optional 2 GB).
- Storage - Internal bay for 2.5? SATA HDD, miniSD socket, on-board 4 GB Flash (optional).
- Display & Graphics - Intel GMA500, DVI Digital output.?
- Audio - Line-out, line-in, mic, 5.1 Channels S/PDIF.
- Networking: 2x 1000 BaseT Ethernet, 802.11b/g WLAN.
- USB - 4 USB 2.0 High Speed ports.
- Serial - RS232 full UART.
- Case - Aluminum die-cast body.
- Dimensions: 101 x 115 x 27mm / 4? x 4.5? x 1.05."
- Weight - 370 grams / 13 ounces – including hard disk.
- Operating Temperature - 0– 45 deg C with hard disk, 0 – 70 deg C with SSD
- Power - 12V single supply, 8-15V tolerant.
- Power Consumption: 6W at low CPU load, 8W at full CPU load, <1W at standby.
The Fit-PC2i will be available in January, 2010. ??