Acer introduces Aspire 3D laptop
Acer has introduced an Aspire notebook with 3D viewing capabilities. The 5738DG features a 15.6-inch CineCrystal HD display coated with a special 3D film that clings to the panel pixel by pixel.
"Users slip on a pair of included 3D polarizer eyeglasses, which filter 2D images to 3D, and enjoy eye-popping, true cinematic high def playback of movies, video and games," explained Acer spokesperson Ray Sawall.
"Customers can [access] the TriDef Media Player for playback of videos and photos in 3D, while the TriDef Ignition tool to enables 2D to 3D conversion for games and applications supporting DirectX 9 and above."
According to Sawall, the advanced Aspire allows users to easily switch from standard viewing applications - such as documents and email - to "3D enjoyment."
The laptop, which has an initial price point of $800, also offers an Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6600 (2 MB L2 cache, 2.2GHz, 800 MHz FSB), Dolby surround sound and Windows 7 Home Premium.
Additional specs include:
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 with up to 2304MB of HyperMemory
- 512 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 1792 MB of shared system memory
- 4GB of DDR2 1066 MHz memory
- 320GB 5400RPM SATA HD
- Multi-in-1 digital media card reader
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- DVD-Super multi double-layer drive
- Integrated Crystal Eye Webcam
- Multi-gesture touchpad
- 4 - USB 2.0 ports
- 6-cell Li-ion battery (4400 mAh)
- 6.16 lbs. (system unit only)