Elecontronic Arts and Dice Studios have officially postponed the PC beta of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 until early 2010.
EA spokesperson Gordon Van Dyke explained that the beta had been delayed to provide the studio with more "planning time" for the implementation of "optimizations." ??In addition, the delay will allow Dice to ensure the participation of a maximum number of testers in the BFBC2 PC beta program.
"We wanted to update you, and slow the flood of Tweets, on questions surrounding the BFBC2 PC Beta being cancelled. I'll get right to it and say 'the BFBC2 PC Beta is not cancelled,'" Gordon wrote in an official blog post.
"Now this all started due to changes made to an earlier blog that removed the PC Beta from the details and the reason for this was the plan changed. With the huge success of the PS3 Beta we decided to drastically increase the PC Beta's capacity to insure as many people as possible could participate.
"Unfortunately this meant we had to delay the Beta to very early next year giving us more planning time to make it happen and implement more optimizations."
According to Gordon, the PC beta version of Bad Company 2 will offer support for: ?
- Up to 32 participants and detailed multiplayer maps.
- DirectX 9, 10 and 11.
- Windows XP, Vista and 7.
- Joysticks, Nvidia 3D Vision, Logitech LCD keyboards and VoIP. ?
- PC Squad Play System - Assume control of squads before heading into combat.
- Dedicated ranked server - Non-stop action without connection penalties based on other player's Internet status.
- Ranked Server provider program - Allows players to rent their own
server(s) located in professional grade datacenters. Server owners can
also modify various settings, including map rotation, reserved slots,
as well as kick & ban options
- Clan support & private servers - Independent clan tag, with the ability to rent servers for hosting and controlling private password protected competitive servers. Includes support for expanded control settings via public ranked servers.??
Analyst claims Wii bubble is "deflating"
TopWare confirms Scivelation for the Xbox 360
Japanese gamer marries DS character
?Square Enix preps Just Cause 2 for March launch
?Games 'permit' over-eating, drug abuse and murder, reveals shock survey
?Ubisoft sells 1.6 million copies of Assassin's Creed 2
?Games haven't improved for ten years
Steam bans Modern Warfare "grey market" keys