Turtle Beach upgrades Xbox 360 headset
San Francisco (CA) - Turtle Beach has introduced a retooled gaming headset for the Xbox 360. The third-generation X41 features digital RF wireless CD-quality sound, 3-D positional audio and an advanced chat booster.
"We listened to suggestions from Xbox gamers who own our second generation wireless headset, the Ear Force X4, and decided to take the X41 to a whole new level by improving nearly every aspect of the original design," explained Turtle Beach spokesperson Peter Ronick. "The X41 includes a dedicated Digital Signal Processor for creating an accurate 360 degree sound field with the latest Dolby Headphone HRTF algorithms. It provides an unprecedented sense of immersion that's further enhanced by CD-quality, uncompressed, digital RF wireless technology."
According to Ronick, the Ear Force X41 is compatible with other gaming consoles (minus the integrated microphone) and can also be used as a home-theater accessory.
Additional X41 enhancements include:
- Digital 2.4 GHz RF wireless technology - facilitates low-latency, uncompressed, CD-quality sound without background hiss and interference.
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx - 7.1 channel surround sound.
- Battery booster circuit - extends battery life up to 25 hours.
- Headphone jack and volume control for an additional wired headset.
- Powered by a USB port on the XBOX or PC/Mac.
The high-end X41 headset will be available in September 2009 for $200.