San Francisco (CA) – The editors at PC Magazine’s labs got a good dose of second hand smoke when a very expensive Voodoo computer they were testing burst into flames. Brian Neal says the fire was contained before it engulfed the entire computer.
From Brian’s pictures, the fire melted a few PCI slots along with a small section of the motherboard. He credits the computer’s see-through-window and a nearby fire extinguisher for keeping the blaze under control.
“Had it not been for the window on the Omen, I probably wouldn't have spotted the situation as fast as I did,” Neal said.
Voodoo is known for their high-end gaming computers that can cost more than $5000.
Read more … Gearlog.