Sony has announced a new digital content platform for its online Playstation Network (PSN) which is slated to go live on October 2.
Dubbed "PSN Day 1 Digital," the service will allow PS3 gamers to download new titles via PSN - the same day they are available on Blu-ray at retail outlets.
" To celebrate the launch of this new program, we’re giving you access to participate in ‘digital game launches,’ so you can get your hands on great games releasing in October, without having to leave home," Sony rep Pierre Gravereau wrote in an official PSN blog post.
" We’re also giving you the chance to pre-order select games ahead of their release date and offering 10% discounts on a number of titles for PlayStation Plus members."
A number of games will be available on launch day, including Resident Evil 6 ($59.99) and NBA 2K13 ($59.99/$53.99 for PLUS members, with pre-order).
Additional titles and dates include:
* Dishonored, October 9 ($59.99/$53.99).
* DOOM 3: BFG Edition, October 16 ($39.99/$35.99).
* 007: Legends, October 16 ($59.99).
* Medal Of Honor: Warfighter, October 23 ($59.99)
* Need For Speed: Most Wanted, October 30 ($59.99/$53.99).
* Assassin's Creed III, (October 30) ($59.99).