Warner Bros. has posted a pair of clips from the upcoming Blu-ray release of The Dark Knight Rises.
The first was sent to MSN, and offers up some insight into the production of one of the most well-known CGI scenes in the film, namely the 'football stadium falling apart' clip.
Sent first to The Sun, the second is a bit less dynamic, but still revealing. Tom Hardy is usually a slim fellow, and so had to bulk up for the part of Bane. Here the stunt coordinator talks about what Hardy had to change about his physique, and a bit of the opinions of Hardy himself followed by the thoughts of Christian Bale, who played Batman opposite Hardy's role.
In addition, the press material for the Blu-ray release contains a comprehensive list of all the features, including:
- The Batmobile Documentary: Witness all five Batmobiles together for the first time in history. Dive deep into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman’s arsenal as you journey through the birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon.
- Ending the Knight: A comprehensive look into how Director Christopher Nolan and his production team made “The Dark Knight Rises” the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.
- The Prologue: High-Altitude Hijacking
- Return to the Batcave
- Beneath Gotham
- The Bat
- Batman vs Bane
- Armory Accepted
- Gameday Destruction
- Demolishing a City Street
- The Pit
- The Chant
- The War on Wall Street
- Race to the Reactor
- The Journey of Bruce Wayne
- Gotham’s Reckoning
- A Girls Gotta Eat
- Shadows & Light in Large Format
- The End of A Legend
- Art Galleries
- UltraViolet: Instantly stream and download films to compatible devices
Note that only a few of these features will be on the DVD.
The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray combo pack hits shelves on December 4, 2012. A collector's box, containing all three films on Blu-ray, is due out sometime in 2013.