The Avengers are ready for Blu-ray, alternate opening included
Over the past week, Marvel has released a bevy of promo videos for the upcoming Avengers Blu-ray pack.
The Blu-ray will include hours of new content, mostly in the form of interviews and behind-the-scenes footage, but there will also be some deleted scenes and artwork included (full list below). Here are just a few clips from some of the featurettes.
The first one discusses Samuel L. Jackson and his character, Nick Fury. The cast and crew seem to think a lot of the famous actor's skillset:
This one takes a closer look at Captain America and Hulk, and the actors' relationship with those characters
Here is a brief look at how the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helecarrier shots were done:
This final clip focuses on Robert Downey Jr. and Iron Man.
It looks like there will be enough internal lauding on the disk to fill an afternoon, but there is more. We've also got this interesting alternate opening sequence, which would have set up the film to be told in flashback during a mission debriefing for Agent Hill, played somewhat poorly by Cobie Smulder. Glad they didn't go with this one, honestly:
This deleted scene gives us a compelling look at the odd, 'overly-wise security guard' character who only got a couple lines in the film, and we can see originally had a bit more to say, along with some character development for Bruce Banner:
The full list of special features for The Avengers Blu-ray pack is thus:
- Commentary by Joss Whedon
- Disney's Second Screen feature
- Behind-the-scenes featurettes:
- Assembling the Ultimate Team
- A Visual Journey
- Marvel One Shot short film: Item 47
- Deleted/extended scenes:
- Alternate opening: "Maria Hill Interrogation"
- Extended scene: "Loki & Barton Strategize"
- "Steve Rogers: Man Out of Time"
- "Nick Fury and World Security Council"
- Raw extended footage: "Viaduct Fight"
- "Fury and Hill Discuss the World Security Council"
- Extended scene: "Banner and Security Guard"
- Alternate ending: "Maria Hill Interrogation"
- Soundgarden's "Live to Rise" music video
- Gag reel
The Marvel's The Avengers Blu-ray combo pack hits shelves on September 25th, 2012. It can be preordered on Amazon, though a hardcore collector might want to wait for the full Phase One briefcase. Unfortunately, it's been delayed for an unknown length of time by a legal dispute over the briefcase design and can no longer be preordered.